Hey, teachers and readers. Are, you looking for full information about nipun bharat mission.
You will get here complete guide about nipun bharat mission. I have collected all this information through various mediums. In which you will get full information of nipun bharat mission.
What is nipun bharat mission ?
Nipun bharat mission means “National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy” (NIPUN Bharat). A National Mission on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy (FLN).
- FLN refers to a child’s ability to read with meaning and solve basic maths problems by Class 3. These are crucial basic skills that help them succeed in life.
- The National Education Policy 2020 accords the highest priority to FLN
- #NIPUNBharat, a National Mission on FLN launched by the Ministry of Education, aims to ensure every child has these basic skills by Class 3 by 2026-27.
When and why was nipun Bharat Mission launched?
The NIPUN Bharat Programme was launched on July 5th, 2021.
Nipun bharat mission was launched to educate children’s. Because :
- 55% of India’s school-going children cannot read and understand a short, age appropriate text by Class 5: World Bank’s Learning Poverty Index.
- 13-18% students from Class 3, 5, and 8 are below basic learning levels, and only 39-53% have achieved proficiency: NAS 2017
- Research suggests that Class 3 is aninflection point. Only if children ‘learn toread’ by then do they ‘read to learn’
- #NIPUNBharat will help children ‘read tolearn’ so that they don’t get left behind
In line with #NEO2020 recommends, the mission will :
- Help children read with comprehension
- Help children understand numbers, measurement, and shapes
- Use play and activity-based pedagogy
- Teach in children’s home languages
- Provide high-quality teaching-learning material to engage children
- Build capacities of teachers, Academic Resource Persons, education administrators
- Track children’s learning levels consistently
- Conduct meaningful assessments using polls, quizzes, games, etc.
key components of nipun bharat mission
Oral Language Development : This helps develop phonological awareness and is important when learning to read and write.
Decoding : This domain includes competencies of print awareness,aksharas knowledge and word recognition.
Reading Fluency with comprehension : Accurately reading text with meaning and understanding expressions and punctuations.
Writing : writing alphabets and words with expressions.
Understanding Foundational Numeracy
Foundational numeracy means the ability to reason and to apply simple numerical concepts in daily life problem solving.
|Pre Number Concepts||Being able to count and understand the numerical system|
|Numbers and Operations on Number||learning the basics of mathematics like the base 10 system to represent numbers|
|Shapes and Spacial Understanding||Perform simple computations in up to three-digit numbers and apply them in daily-life activities|
|Measurment||Perform basic operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division on numbers up to three digits|
What is Competency based education?
- Children advance to the next level only upon mastering the current level.
- Children’s learning outcomes are measured against defined standards for competency acquisitiony by children.
- Use of formative assessment: skills or concepts are assessed in multiple contexts to ensure that both deep understanding and applications are acquired by children’s.
Developmental goals for integrated and holistic development
- Children maintain good health and wellbeing.
- Children become effective communicators.
- Children become envolved learners and connect with their immediate environment.
Understanding the linkage between developmental goals competancy and learning outcomes
Different domains of development like :
- physical and motor development.
- socio- emotional development.
- literacy and numeracy development cognitive development.
- spiritual and moral development.
- art and aesthetic development which are interelated and interdependent.
All these domains has been subsumed into three major goals for holistic development of the child.
Competencies are statements that specify what children will know, be able to do, or be able demonstrate when they have completed or participated in a course or program.
LOs are essentially evidence of having acquired competencies. Learning outcomes are specific statements that describe exactly what a student will be able to do in a measurable way. There may be more than one measurable outcome defined for a given competency.